Videos & Broadcasts
- Naples Alliance for Children addressed the issue of Water Safety in Collier County and beyond in our recent video which airs January 19 through February 15 , 5:00 PM on the Education Channel 99. Our guests are Robert Adubato, PhD, US Coast Guard Auxiliary, Flotilla 93 Public Affairs Officer and Paula DiGrigoli, NCH Safe & Healthy Children Coalition of Collier County Executive Director. Paula and Bob give valuable information on water safety.
- WATCH Naples Alliance for Children 5:00 pm Broadcasts on Education Channel 99 or Visit Collier County Public Schools YouTube and CLICK Naples Alliance for Children Safety on the Water (YouTube) and other Children & Family Parenting Programs.
- Contact: Coast Guard the Auxiliary: http://naples93.info
- Public Education: 239-331-2315
- Vessel Exams: 239-248-9632
- Guest Speaker Request: 239-293-7034
- Recruitment: 734-891-8581Any citizen 17 or over with a clean record is eligible to join
- Contact: NCH Safe & Healthy Children Coalition of Collier County: SafeHealthyChildren.org
- P.O Box 234, Naples, FL 34106
- Office: 239-213-0899
- FIND ADDITIONAL HELP in the Naples Alliance for Children hard cover or Website Resource Directory at www.napleschild.org. (Call 239-649-5260 for your free copy.)
- Naples Alliance for Children web site serves as your navigator and guide for meeting your Educational, Medical, Dental, Social/Emotional and Childcare needs. Call 239-649-5260 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.is best known for his role in the civil rights movement where his inspiring lectures, speeches and leadership encouraged masses to use nonviolent methods to change American society split by racial segregation.
To honor his life, Martin Luther King Jr. Day became a federal holiday in 1983. This year, MLK Day falls on Jan. 19. In 1994, Martin Luther King Day of Service was established. Called “a day on, not a day off,” the idea is for citizens to give back to their communities on the federal holiday.
Cultural diversity gives Collier County character and richness. We do our children a great disservice if we do not expose them to people of all cultures. This exposure can lessen the hatred, prejudice and violence that may stem from lack of knowledge. Remember that children reflect what they hear and see in their homes. When children understand and appreciate other people they are better able to understand themselves.
Join thousands of Americans who are honoring the life and work of Dr. King by serving their community on the King holiday. Your family can join an organized service project or help fill a need yourself by tutoring a child, helping an elderly neighbor, serving in a homeless shelter, or volunteering for a school or community organization.
- Call Naples Alliance for Children, 649-5260, for volunteer opportunities in Collier County.
- Information on Dr. King can be found at the King Center web site, www.thekingcenter.org, or at any of the Collier County Public Libraries.
- It’s not too late to join the local celebrations sponsored by the NAACP of Collier County. They include a Monday, January 19th, 11:00 a.m. parade that will travel from Broad Avenue and 3rd Street South, down 5th Avenue South to Cambier Park. A Celebration including children’s activities and entertainment will culminate the day’s activities from 1 to 3 pm. Call 239-537-1153 for information.