Select from one of our Parenting Videos and/or watch NAFC Broadcasts.
CAR SEAT SAFETY TIPS
☺ ALL children age twelve and under should be properly restrained in the back seat.
☺ Use rear facing car seats for children from birth to at least 35 pounds AND 2 years of age
☺ Use forward facing child seats for children that are at least 35 pounds and up to the height/ weight limit that the car seat recommends.
☺ Use belt-positioning booster seats for children from about 40 pounds up to 80-100 pounds and 4’9” tall.
☺ Use safety belts for children large enough for the belt to fit correctly: at least 4’9” tall and about 80 pounds.
☺ Please check your car seat manual for specific height/weight recommendations.
☺ For further consultation or to request installation assistance: contact the Children’s Advocacy Center at 239-263-8383, ext. 32
COLLIER COUNTY SHERIFF OFFICE SEAT BELT SAFETY BASICS
• The driver and front-seat passenger must wear a seat belt
• Anyone younger than 18 must wear a seat belt no matter where they are sitting
• Children 12 and younger should ride in the back seat for safety
• Children from birth to 80 pounds and 4 feet 9 inches tall should ride either in a car seat or a booster seat, depending on their age
• A ticket for a violation of child restrain violations will cost you $163
• The fine for not wearing a seat belt is $113 in Collier County Florida
Collier County Sherriff Office (CCSO) to Begin Seat Belt Safety Initiative
May 20 through Sunday June2: CLICK IT OR TICKET
Deputies are watching Collier County motorists to make sure everyone is properly buckled up in vehicles during the Click OR Ticket Initiative
Modern Day Slavery Where Victims are Subjected to Fraud, Force or Coercion
☹ Evidence of being controlled
☹ Evidence of inability to move
☹ Bruises or other signs of abuse
☹ Fear or depression
☹ Not speaking on own behalf and/or non-English speaking
☹ No forms of identification
KEY QUESTIONS TO ASK
? What type of work do you do
? Are you being paid
? Can you come & go as you please
? Have you or your family been threatened
? Where do you sleep and eat
? Are there locks on your doors and windows so you cannot leave
? Did someone take your identification or documentation
CALL 1-888-3737-888 OR 911